Tennessee/Virginia travels/blessings

Last week, Bill and I traveled to Big Stone Gap, Virginia for the funeral services for DIL Laura's Grandpa Fleet.  The travel time was awesome as this was the scene when we were leaving Corydon...

I knew our travel time was going to be a joy!

Coming into Virginia....I snapped this picture from the car window.  I told Bill, "It looks like a painting!"
I kept thinking (humming and singing) "In the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia on the trail of the lonesome pine."  Believe it or not, I used to square dance to that tune at our 4-H camps! 
It was, indeed, a lovely drive. 
Grandpa Fleet's service was a blessing!  Jason was minister.  Laura read special words written by her Mom and then she sang, "Go Rest High upon that Mountain."  Her aunt read this lovely poem,
"God's Masterpiece - Dad" and her uncle sang, "Beulah Land."  The military service at the cemetery (nestled in a lovely valley surrounded by the mountains) was "beyond moving."                              


No comments:

Post a Comment