Quite an emotional day!

Whew!  What a day!  This morning Mom was fitted with her hearing aids..
and she can HEAR!  ....even whispers!  PTL!  I am in tears.  Mom seems pretty overwhelmed...a whole new hearing world.  She can hear cars driving on the pavement, birds chirping, the sound of corn being shucked.  She says she never knew that people make noise when they chew...that she herself makes noise when she chews.  All this was overwhelming to her at first.  I've pushed the little button on her aids to cut down on background noises and that seems to be helping a lot.  Please pray for quick adjustment for her...and us (I know I can stop speaking so loudly, but it's become a habit now!)

*******************************************
THEN...this afternoon I went back to The Pain Management Center at FMHHS.  Dr Zhou had done my epidurals in Jan & Feb this year.  I had the idea I could only go one time a year.  BUT they said I should have come back as soon as my pain returned.  Dr Zhou reviewed my CT scan, identified pinched nerves in L4-L5 and injected 2 areas in a selective lumbar nerve block.  He feels sure it will help me tremendously and allay surgery for now.  WOW!  As I said, overwhelming emotions today!

1 comment: