New York report

Bill and I just spent a week in NYC with Jason and Laura (and our grandpuppy, Little Johnnie Cash) and our grandson who still has a couple of months to perk. We thought we would be of help in preparing for the little one, but I ended up in need myself when my back/hip 'gave-out' on me mid-visit. We still had a great visit and I have a few pictures to share.
Now who could resist this little cutie. She is petrified when I get the camera out...usually her ears are straight up and proud, but when she sees the camera the ears drop down and she gets this pitiful look. I only took a couple pictures and then had to love on her. Do you think her world will be rocked when the wee-one arrives?
Speaking of the wee-one, this will be the future nursery. While we were visiting, the old carpet was ripped out and this beautiful bamboo wood flooring was placed. The green paint will be replaced with a calming gray tone. Laura's Uncle has helped with some grand plans for this bright room. I know it will be spectacular!
The next room to be completed was the computer room (actually, second bedroom). After the flooring was laid, we all thought the gray-green paint currently on the walls looked great in there.
One night when Bill & I were sleeping in this room....(well, Bill was sleeping), I got up to look out the window and this was my view.
WOW! I guess I knew the Empire State Building was there, but for a moment I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I took this pic the next morning. At night, the top of the tower is decorated in red and green lights....a very pretty sight.
We left Monday morning as the workmen were just starting on the master bedroom, then they will complete the living/dining room and hallway area. Construction can create some havoc, but OH IS IT Going to be worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment