holding onto Fall

The wind and RAIN! from yesterday are "stealing" the beautiful leaves, so I thought I'd better get out this morning to grasp a little more of Fall.  I love it!


A one-lane bridge, I fear, will soon be a thing of the past.  This one sits over Indian Creek and is one of my favorite spots to sit and look and listen.  This morning as I looked down the stream (yes!  there's a little water there today!), I saw a blue heron standing proudly.  Beautiful!  As I lowered my window to get a shot (I mean a picture, of course) he flew quickly away.  As I was struggling to turn my camera toward him, a UPS truck drove up behind me.  Oh well, I can carry the memory with me anyway.                                                                                                         

Just after I stopped to take this pic, I saw two horses standing by a hay bale and knew it would be a special picture for my little Lydia to enjoy.  But, as I stopped, with windows down, two "guard dogs" decided I was invading their space and literally attacked my car.  Wow!  My quiet and peaceful ride became a heart-pounding, let-me-get-out-of-here, event.  Well, that's my adrenalin rush for today!

The corn has been harvested - the morning haze is hovering - Fall is fleeting.


To house and garden, field and lawn,
the meadow gates we swang upon,
to pump and stable, tree and swing,
good-bye, good-bye, to everything.
     ( from Farewell to the Farm by Robert Louis Stevenson)




No comments:

Post a Comment