Easter blessings



Another blessed Easter!  Upon arising on Easter morning, the sun was streaming through the windows and you could see it was going to be a gorgeous day.  I snapped this picture of the sun shining on my porcelain eggs (gifts I received many years ago from my special mother-in-law Fern).  The basket is resting on a doily crocheted by my mother.  Special memories carry on, don't they?  On....and...on...and on.  Yesterday, we made more memories....family and friends sharing together at church and at our Easter get together.  I love the quote from Sir John Bowring, "A happy family is but an earlier heaven."
Grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, in-laws, and friends.....a special time together. 
Conversations......food.....egghunts.....bubbles.....baseball.....more food.....more conversations.....a great time.










And we remembered and thanked God for the true message and miracle of Easter.  Christ is risen!  Christ is risen, indeed! 

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far to small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
by Sir Issac Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment