The Message Glorious - a favorite book of mine

Well, if I'm going to leave book reviews on this blog, I must review The Message Glorious by Doris Kemp.
Doris Kemp is my mother and the 87 year old matriarch of our family. She is also my best friend, Christian mentor and encourager. For many years, Mother told us all, again and again, that she was writing a book...the story of God's faithfulness to her and to our family throughout her lifetime. When I retired, Mother and I started looking through her "volumes" of notes and I was astounded by the insight and emotion infused in her words. She wrote from her heart as many of the events in her story were happening and that gave her message a great wallop. Every time I thought I could rewrite her words, I realized her story was her story and that is the way we left it. I was so happy our editor at 
Tate Publishing recognized and accepted the words as mother wrote them.
Mother's story is a wonderful testimony to God's faithfulness to His children in all of life's ups and downs. God's promises are enough to carry us through any circumstances. They carried Mother through her early years when she ignored God's presence, through the death of two of her children and her life-long mate, and through the birth and life of my brother Scott, who has Down Syndrome.
Hearing the positive comments from those who have read Mom's book has been the greatest blessing to me. Many commented that they "couldn't put the book down" (a great vote for a book, I think!). Other comments: "What a story - an autobiography so compelling." "I laughed and I cried, but mostly I found peace, and a will to stay strong." "It is so amazing to see how God touches our lives and loves us in so many ways." "the best Christmas gift ever" "wonderful" "inspiring" "a blessing".....well, you get the idea!
The book is available online at
AmazonBarnes and Noble , Borders,  Tate Publishing or just do a google search for The Message Glorious or click on the book at the top of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment