a day trip to Spring Mill State Park

On our way.  Beautiful sunny day.  Blue skies.  MUCH green.  Hay bales galore.
 fields of mustard seed plants -- allergy inducers, but they sure are beautiful
 I'm content with my journal, Kindle Fire & Today in my lap.
 Through Salem....love the architecture of their town center.
 nearing the park entrance...tunnels of trees
 Entrance to Spring Mill State Park.  $5 for Indiana car-full.
 Walking trails are plentiful.
The bubbling brook surrounding the park is so peaceful.
 ...and yes, you can wade in it :)
 a tree with a boo-boo
My favorite pic of the day.
 The cottonwood trees were in full bloom & the cotton balls were everywhere.
 Flowers were plentiful.
 The working grist mill is the centerpiece.
The pioneer village is very interesting.

 ...and the bubbling brook keeps moving on.
This guy gave us a wonderful lesson on the working grist mill...built in 1817 and still working!
 I'm sure this is something, but I don't know what it is.
 A beautiful iris...see the bug?
 This was our lunch in the park.  OH! Boy!  That's cheese on my chili dog, not mustard.
 Now, this tree has some real character!
 ...and again, that peaceful bubbling stream.
A most enjoyable day :)

1 comment: